Wednesday, October 14, 2009

HALLOWEEN TREATS



There are sooooo many clever Halloween treat ideas out there and I am sure to feature more before the big spooky day arrives. But these treats caught my eye as things I could whip up unexpectedly and on a whim.


These marshmallow goblins found via bedifferentactnormal are brilliant in their simplicity. Put a marshmallow on a stick and use an edible marker to paint on a scary, funny, creepy face. For all it's simplicity, I know my kids would LOVE these!


When I first saw these Monster Mouths from BHG, I wanted to make them immediately. Sadly, we had no candy corn, but I did have an apple with peanut butter for lunch. Irresistible! They do contain the three main food groups, after all: apples, peanut butter and candy corn! If those three things were the only food left on the planet, I could survive quite happily thank you very much. Since my littlest cannot have peanut butter, I'm going to try them with cream cheese colored with red food coloring. More realistic anyway, right? I'll report back on taste.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

such fun ideas-my kids would love the marshmallows!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

adorable!! thanks.

Crafty P said...

those marshmallows are brilliantly simple! I could see a whole "bouquet of ghosts" appearing at an upcoming party!

Young Wife said...

Hey, I just found your blog. You have some great ideas. I love to throw parties. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

It Lovely what you have done to the marshmallows.such yummy Halloween treats!!